Mawhibaty is a talent development program for visual and performing arts for students in Grades 1 - 12, offered by the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) and the Department of Culture and Tourism (DCT). It was first launched in 2017 under the guidance of H.H. Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Deputy Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council to explore emerging talent and develop their artistic skills.
What is our mission?
We aim to identify talented students in visual and performing arts, and to improve and develop students' capabilities and art skills to enable them to represent the United Arab Emirate in local and international events.
What are the program objectives?
- Explore emerging talents in visual and performing arts.
- Sponsor and support talented and gifted students in visual arts and performing arts.
- Qualify specialized staff in the field of identifying art gifted students and support them.
- Educate and spread awareness in the educational field and the society.
How do students benefit from the program?
- Improve talented art students capabilities through implementing specialized programs, and participating in events, camps, and summer activities.
- Enhance students talents through participating in local and international art events, competitions and conferences.
- Support talented students by organizing shows and annual events to present their art work.
- Offer university scholarship for talented students who are interested in studying arts.
Who can apply?
The program targets gifted and talented students studying arts who are in grades 1-12 in public, private schools in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
Where will this program be implemented?
- Abu Dhabi
- Al Ain
- Al Dhafra
What talents does the program target?
How to apply?
Registration is closed for the Academic Year 2020 - 2021.