Across Early Childhood and K-12, ADEK licenses and regulates nurseries and private schools in Abu Dhabi while also legislating, mandating and managing its own Charter Schools and 2 schools for People of Determination.
ADEK also annually provides distinguished Abu Dhabi students with full scholarships and support to study at the best universities around the world. In addition, the Department audits and enhances the delivery of Higher Education in Abu Dhabi, attracting Higher Education Institutions to open the required programs or schools that serve Abu Dhabi’s needs while championing a student and faculty-friendly ecosystem in the Emirate.
With a vision to Empower Education. Empower Minds. Empower the Future, ADEK recognizes that every learner is different, and a diversity of teaching methods are essential for students to succeed. To that effect, ADEK partners with stakeholders to enable a great education system to flourish in Abu Dhabi and nurture future-ready graduates who have the 21st century skills required to sustain and carry forward Abu Dhabi’s vision.
"Education First"A comprehensive education system with competitive, innovative, entrepreneurial and global opportunities which contributes to a knowledge-based economy
Our Strategic Priorities
- Build an attractive education environment to make Abu Dhabi a pioneer regional and International Education Hub
- Enhance the quality of education outcomes in all levels and for all learners
- Enhance alignment of education outcomes to meet Abu Dhabi labor market needs and socio- economic priorities, which would boost the prosperity of the emirate
- Provide distinctive and appropriate opportunities for all learners to access education services.
- Contribute in achieving the national agenda for sciences, technology, and innovation through developing an efficient and effective ecosystem of education research.